City of Ralston
"The Heart of the Metro"
* ** AGENDA FOR RALSTON CITY COUNCIL MEETING ***
Ralston City Hall, 5500 South 77th Street
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 5:30 PM
CALL TO ORDER
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Invocation – Deacon Lonnie Dinneen, St. Gerald Catholic Church
3. Recognition of Guests & Press
4. Open Meeting Law Posting Acknowledgement: “This meeting is subject to the Nebraska Open Meetings Act. A copy of this act is posted at the rear of the Council Chamber.”
5. Roll Call
Approval of Consent Agenda
(All items listed are automatically approved when the Consent Agenda is approved unless removed)
1. Approval of Council Minutes from September 3, 2019 regular Council Meeting and September 12, 2019 special Council Meeting
2. Approval of Claims
3. Monthly Financial Report
4. Department Head and/or Commission Reports
Public Works Director
1. Public Hearing and third reading – Ordinance 1236 – Amend Section 622 of Chapter 5 of the Ralston Municipal Code dealing with storage and parking of inoperable and operable automobiles
2. Public Hearing and second reading – Ordinance 1237 – Changing sewer use charges by amendment to Ordinance No. 439, as amended
3. Consider Resolution 2019-12 – a resolution authorizing placement of a stop sign at the intersection of 79th Street and Park Lane
4. Approve appointment of Heather Gamon as Assistant City Clerk effective October 1, 2019
5. Approve new scoreboard at Pierson Field
6. Consider proposal from Mackie Construction to apply penetrating sealer to new sidewalk at Ralston Arena in the amount of $11,745.00
7. Consider new Baright Public Library logo
8. Contract with Magical Journey Carriage Service of 2058 Farnam Street, Omaha, NE, for carriage services for Holiday Magic on December 1, 2019
9. **Consider purchase of a crack seal kettle from Rose Holdings, Inc. d/b/a Rose Equipment, LLC in the amount of $49,820.00
Next Regular Meeting Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 5:30 PM
**Amended at 3:32 PM on Monday, September 16, 2019, to add item #9 under Action Items.
The Ralston City Council meets every first and third Tuesdays of the month at 5:30 p.m. The City Council Chambers are located in Ralston City Hall, 5500 S. 77th Street.
Any questions regarding agenda items, public comments, or other items concerning the City Council Meeting may be directed to Ralston City Hall.